Midwest Manufacturers’ Association
Midwest Manufacturers’ Association was created to serve as the “central hub” of a consortium of industry-related trade groups and associations. MMA’s primary service region is the Upper Midwest: rural Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
MMA serves as a catalyst for the creation of new manufacturers trade organizations and the collaboration of existing organizations throughout the upper Midwest region. By joining forces under one central hub, the manufacturing industry in the Midwest region now has, for the first time, a way to express its collective voice … to government, to suppliers of common goods and services, and to each other.
Each Member of MMA:
• is governed by an independent Board of Directors comprised of members from that organization only
• manages its own financial resources
• determines its membership dues structure (if any)
• elects representation on the Board of Directors for Midwest Manufacturers’ Association and Collaborative Ventures, Inc. (for-profit subsidiary company)
• remits membership dues to MMA quarterly, to provide support for the cost of maintaining a staffed office
• operates as a 501(c)6 organization
• is granted nonprofit status without the burden of the IRS application process and expense
• has access to various benefit programs designed to assist manufacturers (such as the workers comp fund and employee benefits program)
• benefits from MMA’s promotion of the manufacturing industry
W. Gohman Construction supports Manufacturing!